Norcan got its start in a small service shop in East Vancouver. As the company grew, what began as a service model expanded into a complete Hydraulic Sales & Service company including a full line of products and technical expertise to support the various industries growing in British Columbia.
- 1974 – Norcan commenced its business operations with a small service shop in the east side Vancouver.
- 1988 – The Vancouver shop moved to a new 20,000 sq. ft. facility in Richmond BC.
- 1994 – Norcan expanded operations by opening our Prince George location.
- 1998 – Norcan bought CD Hydraulics in Kamloops, this became our 3rd location
- 1998 – Norcan expanded to the Prairie Provinces by opening locations in Saskatoon, Nisku and Calgary.
- Appointed full line distributor for Sauer-Danfoss product line in all locations.
- 2005 – Norcan was purchased and is wholly owned by BC Bearing Group of Companies. A Canadian family owned enterprise.
- 2010 – The parent company BC Bearing changes its name to BCB Corporate Services Ltd and Norcan’s Corporate Office relocates to North Vancouver, BC.
- Norcan opens new branch operations in Red Deer, Alberta.
- 2011 – Richmond facility moves to new site in Langley, BC.
- Kamloops branch moves to a larger facility expanding on it’s service capabilities.
- Calgary branch moves to new location to better service customers.
- 2012 – Nisku branch relocates to new state of the art facility in Leduc, Alberta.
- 2014 – Additional engineering staff and capabilities were added in Saskatoon and Langley branches.
- 2016 – The addition of Bosch Rexroth products for distribution in Western Canada.
Our goal moving forward will be to continue to grow our foot print where it makes sense financially. We will to continue to invest in our technical and engineering capabilities throughout Norcan. Engineering, system design and problem solving is a main focus moving forward. With the cost of downtime our clients are looking for their systems to be trouble free by being more reliable with longer warranties and a predictable maintenance schedule.
Quality and high standards are everything to our customer base. That’s why Norcan initiated a new Quality Assurance Program to ensure products meet consistent standards when they leave our shops regardless of whether they come out of Saskatoon, Langley or Calgary.